Wednesday, February 27, 2013

NIKE BHM

In celebration of Black History Month, Nike approached me to help them paint a mural to kick off an event at Gonzales Park in Compton last weekend.

They had a great image designed by Fuse Green and they asked if I could replicate it as a mural.
This was no easy task because of the level of detail especially in the background.

So I decided to create the mural using a combination of stencils, spray paint, and acrylic.

I had my boy Ando at search+resQ help me out with creating these mad stencils:
Untitled

I hired the sign painting skills of the homie SINER LTS to help me out.
Untitled

The result was pretty tight and seamless!
Untitled

Untitled

Along with the unveiling of the mural, I also led a community stencil workshop session with the kids in the neighborhood. I used some of the images from the mural as well as a few Man One specials. As you can see they ate it up!
Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

*More pics on my Flickr

Slideshow:



No comments:

Search This Blog